Now on to what information we record.
1. Animal sounds - real sounds or us saying them really silly or here
2. Family members full names, addresses, phone numbers, birthdays
3. Days of the week, months of the year
4. Colors of the rainbow
5. Spelling words: cat, dog, mom, fish
6. Appropriate social interactions "Hi, my name is Presley", "please"....
8. Facts about our state: bird, flower, tree...
9. Fruits versus vegetables
10. Five senses
11. Record bird's songs. On this one you have to say the name of each.
12. Following directions practice "touch your hair, mouth, eye. s".
13. ABC phonics.
14. Our dance routine songs.
15. Self esteem booster: you are smart, loved... or here is a cute story
16. Speech sounds you may be working on
17. Money values - a penny is worth 1 cent,...
17. Planets (song we like)
- counting, skip counting, addition, subtraction, even/odd numbers....
- read your flashcards you are working on
18. Nursery rhymes:
- I read her favorite nursery rhyme book
- you tube videos
- Chicka Chicka Boom Boom (to music though)
- Disney's 5 minute bedtime stories
- Andi Durkin has a great list of books for children on her website here.
- We also checked out some at the library for my 6 year old read aloud
20. Music - our favorite to disperse throughout
- Readeez - super fun and informative. We have four of the CD's, but you can also check out some of the videos here.
- Strawberry shortcake's Anything is Possible, which is our theme song
- Elvis Presleys Suspicious Mind is one of Presley's favorites.
- variety of instrument sounds: example
21. Spanish words, colors, counting
23. Poems or artists or fun sayings such as:
25. Religious information:
- Bible Cd from Readeez
- ABC bible verses - we printed these free cards too
- Psalms 23
- Right now media has a lot of Christian stories to see and hear
- The rizers are on Right Now media and on youtube
- Read stories from a children's bible
- we recorded our night time prayer too
NACD will be starting a lending library soon. See here for more information.
Here is an article about the importance of a good auditory environment.
Hope this gives you some ideas for your own child. These are right for Presley, based on her NACD assessments, so please remember to use what is appropriate for your child and to check with your neurodevelopmentalist if you are on program.